Live The Life Style...Live The Dream...In The Village Of CarlsbadIf you are considering relocating to North San Diego County, you need to watch this video and consider moving to Carlsbad. We can
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM WIRE FRAUD
BUYERS & SELLERS BEWARE...
WIRE FRAUD IS WIDE-SPREAD AND CAN HAPPEN TO YOU!
I had a client that was purchasing a beautiful New Home Construction from a National Builder here in Carlsbad. He happens to mention to me that he received an email from this national Builder changing the Wiring Instructions for his Earnest Money Deposit for his purchase. I know right away, that the builder had not changed their wiring instructions, and he was a potential victim of Wire Fraud. I notified the Builder and they contacted their national Fraud Dept and together we SAVED my Client over $50k in potential Wire Fraud.
How To Protect Yourself From Wire Fraud when Buying or Selling Real Estate.
- Ensure that the Title & Escrow Company sends out their Wiring Instruction via their encrypted email servers.
- Most Title & Escrow Companies will require notarized wiring instructions.
- Do Not accept written or verbal changes to Wiring Instructions from anyone other than Title & Escrow Companies utilizing their encrypted email servers.
- Prior to sending funds from your bank, along with your local Banker, call the Title & Escrow Company and verify where your funds are being wired to, and their Routing number and account numbers.
- Once your Transaction has closed, again, prior to having the Title & Escrow Company wire your proceeds, call and verify with them again over the telephone where the funds are being wired to and all Routing and Account numbers to secure your privacy and security.
BROKER / OWNER / REALTOR (16 years experience) Specialties: Buyer's Agent, Listing Agent, Relocation, Short-Sale I am the Owner and Broker of South Coast Exclusive Properties & South Coast Luxury Hom....
Latest Blog Posts
HOME INSPECTIONS - WHAT BUYERS NEED TO KNOW... CARLSBAD REAL ESTATE: I highly recommend that all my Buyers hire a certified Home Inspector to inspect the home they are purchasing. It's the "Peace of